The present church building, the Brick Meetinghouse, was erected in 1836 by Virgil Woodcock for a sum of $2000.00.
This building was completely surrounded by brick and the roof was covered with slate. It included a steeple, belfry and bell. Horse sheds were built on the site of the current Friendship Hall. When this building was finished, it marked the first time in Swanzey when there were separate buildings for religious purposes and municipal purposes.
In 2013, there became a need for major outside work to the buildings. New siding was put on all non-brick parts, some of the brick parts of the church building were replaced or repaired and as two spires had come down off the steeple, a new steeple also became necessary. This work began in May, 2014 and was completed during the summer of June, 2014. We also replaced the windows in the parsonage.
The building is handicapped accessible with a ramp into the sanctuary building. There is parking all around the church yard with handicapped parking spaces designated in front of the brick building as well as immediately to the left of the white fellowship hall building.
We have a lounge off the sanctuary with a hall leading to the Sunday school rooms and church offices.
We have a large Fellowship Hall with tables and chairs that is available to rent for use by the community.
The Church also owns a parsonage located a few yards south on Route 32 from the church buildings.